Compared to other practices, running a mental, substance abuse, or behavioral health practice means operating under unique circumstances. People with severe disabling substance use disorder problems may require additional services, including extensive support and rehabilitation programs. So, this demands facilities to have top-notch staffing, services, and funding to operate. However, this is not always the reality.
It’s not common for behavioral health services recipients to be treated in primary care facilities as opposed to Substance Abuse treatment programs where more comprehensive care can be provided. Add in factors like the pandemic, and now facilities are faced with a shortage of staff to care for their patients in behavioral health treatment centers.
Below are 3 reasons why outsourcing your claims management process can solve billing challenges for your mental or behavioral health treatment center.
1. Payment, reimbursement, and billing issues around behavioral health are significant.
- One example of this is why the Mental Health Parity Act of 1996 (MHPA) was created to ensure equal coverage of treatment for mental illness and addiction.
- The Mental Health Parity and Addiction Equity Act of 2008 (MHPAEA) is a federal law that generally prevents group health plans and health insurance issuers that provide mental health or substance use disorder (MH/SUD) benefits from imposing less favorable benefit limitations on those benefits than on medical/surgical benefits, according to the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services.
- MHPAEA preserves the MHPA protections and adds significant new protections. One example of this is extending the parity requirements to substance use disorders.
- While regulations and laws change, Nextus Billing Solutions remains your trusted source.
- We stay informed to keep you up-to-date with the latest compliance and ever-changing standards in mental health billing to maximize your payment speed and potential.
2. Keeping patients in a detox or rehab facility long enough to go through proper care is instrumental to successful outcomes.
- Substance abuse costs the U.S. more than $600 billion annually and treatment can help reduce these costs, according to the National Institute on Drug Abuse.
- Drug addiction treatment can reduce associated health and social costs. And, by far more than the cost of the treatment itself.
- Nexus Billing Solutions is well-versed in the complexity of ICD-10 coding. Also, eligibility to ensure your patients receive the care they need.
- Your substance abuse treatment center can trust our team. We provide open communication and accuracy with all of your billing claims.
3. Cash flow isn’t consistent for your treatment center.
- Cash flow issues are becoming more common for substance abuse and detox treatment centers across the United States.
- We understand that the proper management of Verification of Benefits, Utilization Review, seamless processing, and follow-up of insurance claims can ensure cash flow for your mental, behavioral, or substance treatment center.
- Our Software systems provide mainstream processing. We also provide quality assurance for all billing and claims to maximize your payment speed and potential.
The above challenges may cause healthcare providers to spend more resources and time. Coordinating patient care instead of attending to patients’ needs is not ideal. This makes it critical for behavioral health facilities to have a streamlined billing solution such as the Nextus Billing Solutions. Furthermore, this helps simplify all processes and procedures related to patient care, including harmonizing with other health providers.
Our customizable options and hands-on approach makes managing your behavioral health treatment center billing cycle less strenuous. This is possible with the following features:
- Documentation assistance
- Claims processing
- Insurance billing
- Long-term value
In conclusion, at Nextus Billing Solutions, we tailor a program that will maximize your patient-provider outcomes. Schedule a consultation visit with our team today. We will help to assess your facility or practice needs.